This barrette is approximately 10 cm long. It is hand sewed to a medium galvanised bronze clic clac hair grip from 4 to 5 cm long.
Each piece is packed in a handmade packaging, on hand recycled paper !
Declinations (Picture 2) :
1. Soie ivoire, scoubidou argenté
2. Coton bleu gris, scoubidou
3. Coton blanc & vert pâle, scoubidou
4. Coton blanc, rouge et lurex or, cordon lurex or
5. Satin blanc & organza brun
6. Satin de soie rose pâle, cordon lurex or
7. Satin rose, scoubidou
8. Coton brique, scoubidou
9. Coton rouge & organza rose, cordon doré
10. Coton rouge imprimé, scoubidou
11. Soie blanche & lurex bordeaux, scoubidou
12. Polyester violet, scoubidou
13. Coton imprimé bleu/blanc, cordonnet bleu
14. Coton imprimé lagon, scoubidou turquoise
15. Coton turquoise & lurex doré, coronnet lurex argenté
16. Lin vert sapin et taupe, scoubidou
17. Satin gris chiné, scoubidou
18. Coton imprimé gris, nuances rouille, scoubidou
19. Tissu noir bleuté, pointe argentée, scoubidou
20. Coton noir, queue de rat noire
This feather will ornate your hairstyles with originality and elegance ! For adults and children !
Midsize Penelope's feather barrette
It takes seven different steps to make a feather. To create the perfect pair of earrings, I need to repeat each step twice identically for the two earrings to look alike... Those feathers are made up of cords and fabric scraps which I unweave by hand, thread by thread, just like Penelope waiting for Ulysses. I ivented this technique myself. It took me hours to research and make tests in order to perfect the process. It allows me to revalue all kinds of fabrics. The feather is hardened with guar resin and a water-based textile hardener.
Do not submerge. If stained, carefully clean with a moist cotton bud. Comb delicately with an thin comb or a soft brush. My feathers are made to last. So, if the finishing of your jewel has shaded, send it to me and I will renovate it !