This headband was braided with acrylic, lurex and wool threads. It is hand sewed to a lurex elastic thread.
The feather is approximately 5 cm long and it is mounted on the headband with a gold filled, brass or silver chain depending on the principal colour.
Unique size, Head measurement from 56 to 64 cm ! The feather can be placed anywhere on the headband, to adapt to each one of your hairdresses.
It exists in 4 principal colours, each one declined with 3 different metallic threads : Silvery, golden or copper.
Each piece is packed in a handmade packaging, on hand recycled paper !
Declinations (Picture 2) :
SILVERY METALLIC THREAD
1. Pale pink acrylic thread, pale pink organza feather, 925 silver chain
2. Khaki wool thread, Khaki satin feather, 925 silver chain
3. Blue wool thread, blue linen feather, 925 silver chain
GOLDEN METALLIC THREAD
4. Khaki wool thread, khaki satin feather, 14K gold filled chain
5. Burgundy acrylic thread, burgundy lurex thread, 14K gold filled chain
COPPER METALLIC THREAD
6. Pale pink acrylic thread, pale pink organza feather, brass chain
7. Khaki wool thread, Khaki satin feather, brass chain
8. Blue wool thread, blue linen feather, brass chain
9. Burgundy acrylic thread, burgundy lurex thread, brass chain
This headband will shape your hairstyles with originality and elegance !
Penelope's feather braided headband
It takes seven different steps to make a feather. To create the perfect pair of earrings, I need to repeat each step twice identically for the two earrings to look alike... Those feathers are made up of cords and fabric scraps which I unweave by hand, thread by thread, just like Penelope waiting for Ulysses. I ivented this technique myself. It took me hours to research and make tests in order to perfect the process. It allows me to revalue all kinds of fabrics. The feather is hardened with guar resin and a water-based textile hardener.
Do not submerge. If stained, carefully clean with a moist cotton bud. Comb delicately with an thin comb or a soft brush. My feathers are made to last. So, if the finishing of your jewel has shaded, send it to me and I will renovate it !